Daniel in the Lion's Den
First words, first impression. Everyday we are judged by the little things we do or say. For as long as this earth has been, it has ever been so since man has walked upon her face. What moments in life would you like to be known for while you roam this little Island in space you may wonder? I don't know and I don't think anyone of us can fully say unless we have vision. But what little life I have, I will do my best I perceive that I can, and leave the best of me behind. It will be my children and legacy. It will be the love I bury in the life of my children and friends like seeds in their hearts that may sprout and grow into fruit that may sweeten the life's of future generations. It will also be the foot prints left behind in the sand.
Well, here it is, my first blog post, my first impression. I wanted to be somebody important when I was younger because I was impressed by people that did a little good in their lives. We all have struggles in life unique to our own, that nobody can fully understand unless they have experienced it themselves. Those that don't understand, I have come to realize, not to worry yourself about them too long or you will be like water that breaks itself against rock. You will not leave an impression upon it's hard surface as quickly as you would really like. Yes it is possible after many years, but you don't have many years in your life to wait for it to happen, but a life to live to give to those that truly need it.
In life I could be considered many things, but for the sake of the topic, I am a artist growing in experience. Below is my second painting that I have recently done. I did not go into school for it. I wanted to, but health at the time got in the way. In this painting I wanted things in it that I could relate to. Darkness verses light, if you can see it. Peace that comes when light or enlightenment comes upon things. It is a painting of Daniel in the Lion's Den.
First the lion in the background looking up at something. I wanted the lion to look at light that symbolizes help from above IF we look for it.
Then Daniel sitting in front of that lion and a very dark background to symbolize how dark trials really can feel when we, ourselves experience the darkness of trials in our own lives. Our vision becomes limited and we can not see a far off in our life and understanding. Also, some bones near the feet of the lion and Daniel to remind me that trails in its worst form represents death to us or others when they come. Also darkness, spiritually, brings death to us too.
Then a pretty lion in front. I wanted it to look peaceful, because light, or true understanding of things as they really are, brings a type of peace when hope and faith dwell. We feel comfortable enough to endure. Our trials may not necessarily always be taken away, but are made to be endured enough for us to live.
Finished painting of Daniel in the Lion's Den. If you would like to order a picture for yourself, click on the link below. Thanks

No comments:
Post a Comment